View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Teggie

Wow, have I ever been there.

You may think she has noone and no resources and you are the only thing keeping her together.

Your wrong..........but you may not be seeing that, just like I did.

You have to get to a point that you can let her go and let her face her own consequences. And I mean really let go. Go on with your life with no expectations of having her in it. She may get clean, she may not, she may get clean and go her own way, what is going to happen will happen, it's God's choice. And you have no power over it. The only thing you have power over is yourself.

If you don't your gonna go down in flames, I know this firsthand. And it is not pretty at all. Losing your sanity, losing yourself and just becoming a dirty reflection of the addict in your life that you are struggling so hard to help. Your as sick as she is, I was as sick as mine is.

To be blunt, and I can say this because I have lived it, your not helping her, not one bit, as long as she has you around what incentive is there for change? Addicts are emoitional vampires and as long as she is activly using she will suck the life right out of you.

Once I finally let go I soon found he did have resources and he would survive without me around. Beleive me active addicts when dumped into the sea of life will float, and not only that they always manage to attract others like themselves to float with.

Give her the chance to live her life. Give yourself the chance to live yours. I sincerely hope you do before you lose yourself.

Hugs,
Teggie