Thread: I'm so lost...
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
posiesperson

Oh, I'm so sorry.

I've been there, Lostfrmbetrayal. All the words, the begging, the desperate pleas to come back. And I did. And I couldn't get over the fact that my exA was continuing to contact the "other", who was married, and no matter how many times I heard about how it "wasn't sexual anymore" I couldn't get over it.

All of the words worked for a while because I had given up so much to be with her. I wasn't ready to be alone and had to keep going back until the pain of going back was greater than the pain of facing my own fear.

I still work to maintain the "sobriety" I have--staying away from her for almost 6 months now. It's a huge relief, and yet, just today someone told me that they remember seeing us together and felt that we had something "special." We did. And maybe you had "something special" with him. But "special" is not enough, my friend. I know that I couldn't ever get "over" the fact that she CHOSE to break my heart over and over. That relationship is another one of her addictive behaviors, in my opinion. Being dry and being sober are 2 different things.

I'm so sorry for you and your son. I hope you'll keep coming back here. Sending you big, big hugs~
posie