View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
stanleyhouse

cool mom

Let go of the past. I felt like I was reading the notes from my son's teacher two years ago. He was nine. He still has a hard time staying on task and is an average student but I am there to help and his performance or lack there of doesn't make me crazy. I think mostly because I don't have the booze emotions anymore. I used to think I was relaxing when instead I was really obsessing and freeing up the tongue.
Believe it or not my son still likes to eat in front of the tv and I watch tv myself. We do things together but not all the time. The guarantee he has is that when he asks me a question or gives me a hug, I won't have been drinking. The pressure is off and you will see changes in your child simply because of that. AND he will be so proud of you because he knows how hard addiction is. My son says I am cool because I do things that other moms don't do like take him and his buddies out at night. Their parents have had their cocktails apparently! Or I let him have sleepovers and don't get silly. I have to say I don't let him go to the silly parents' house anymore. So welcome Cool Mom. Glad to know you.
SH