View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mama36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My son is 8 and I am a yeller, I try hard to be patient and not yell and don't do a bad job of it. My problem is that I would always tell the kids (hubby has 2 girls, 8 and 9) to go away, go watch tv, go play, go do this or that. My son lives with us full time besides a couple of weekends per month and I just feel as though he has needed more attention than just getting him bathed, homework done, the basics. I have never played games with him, spent good old quality time with him very often...we don't even eat supper as a family, he eats while we drink.

All of the above is changing and my husband I talked it over. I am very resentful but he is trying very hard. Yesterday when I got home he had taken EVERY ounce of booze out of this house and dumped it...omg that was hard for him simply because of the money it wasted. To me it was not a waste, it was a huge step in my favor. He is trying, I am just angry and resentful but will work A LOT harder on that. He is not an alcoholic, though he LOVES to drink, and I have to accept that having never been in my spot it is not going to be easy for him to pick up right off the bat.