View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
GettingStronger2

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
DV,

When you LOVE someone you don't think only of yourself and your happiness. You consider your partners feeling and needs along with your own. You DON'T put that person in harms way and you don't make that person suffer if you can help it.

When you LOVE someone and they have a Major problem, you work TOGETHER to find solutions for both people. After all it does benefit both parties to find peace and harmony.

When you Love someone, and you see they are trying their best to help themselves you support that person with all you have to give. You don't undermine their recovery for your own selfish whims. You give them up, put them on hold, make other arrangements , whatever you have to do out of Love and concern for the person your with.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but this is what LOVE means to me. I don't mean to preach or upset you. I want you to see things as others do and consider what the situation REALLY is.

What you do this weekend is up to YOU! No one but you DV can make that decision. I would like to see you stay sober and re-claim your life. Stand proud and be the man you want to be. Your a wonderful person that has so much to offer. Please Remember that this weekend. Take care of yourself. Your the only one who can! :ghug3

Well said, op. My thoughts exactly. DV, you know we are here for you.

:ghug3