View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by Kittyboo View Post
I'm so sorry!
I will tell you this though, I lost the best job I ever had 2 years ago, when the economy started to tank. I was living in NYC and making the best money I ever had...then wham.

I took that moment to re-evaluate my life goals. Was I REALLY doing what I had been wanting to do??
I filed for unemployment, and thankfully that was a financial help to me for quite some time. It was in that time off that I decided to go back to school and do what I really wanted to do.

So, though it was a great job, and you may have loved it for 10 years....was it what you REALLY want to do for the rest of your life.
I have been let go from jobs before, and that moment has ALWAYS lead me to something better.

Like others have said here, go get your unemployment filed....at least that will be some money coming in, and take this moment to think about YOURSELF and your future career. Because now, you can do WHATEVER you want to do!

HUGS.
Thank you as well
I was a corporate buyer and I liked the job, but I knew when I was diagnosed wtih lupus in 2007, I wanted to be a naturopath so started taking courses to help my own illness and I got the passion
So now, in the end, this job is not what I wanted, but it was paying the bills until I was able to graduate.

But you're right, it's time to re evaluate life.

You are so great...........thank you for all the support