when it rains, it pours

Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when it rains, it pours

I just got laid off from my job of 10 yrs. I'm in shock!

The last 5 weeks has been so hard dealing with a break-up from cheating and now this. My job is what kept my in check.
The not eating/sleeping from the break up has taken it's toll and now I have to face more months of stress from this lay off.

I'm a really strong woman, but this time, not sure I'm going to make it through this one
Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness Summerpeach, I'm so sorry!

*hugs*

Perhaps this is a sign that you need to stop, take a break and take care of yourself. A day or two of will probably do you some good before you figure out what the next step is.

I'm sorry you have to deal with yet another stressful thing.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Of course you will make it through. Get yourself down to the unemployment office and sign up. Use their computers to look for jobs they have listed. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. We do what we have to do. Stop selling yourself short.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm studying to be a naturopath (2 1/2 yrs in) and I also have lupus so it will be tough to find a job that will accomodate my lupus and that will pay me what I was getting paid.
They will offer me a package so I'll be ok for a while, but it's just the loss of so much so fast.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Summerpeach,

You have been dealt some blows haven't you? I am sorry.

Frustrating and scary, but I have no doubts you will make it through this one.
It is a shocker right now.
But, take a minute and consider your options.
When I was fired from my last job, I was terrified. But, after a few weeks of unemployment and some time to clear my mind, I decided to use my Army benefits to go to school.
Will you be getting unemployment? You can survive while you come up with a plan.
You will do this summerpeach.

Beth
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Summerpeach View Post
I'm studying to be a naturopath (2 1/2 yrs in) and I also have lupus so it will be tough to find a job that will accomodate my lupus and that will pay me what I was getting paid.
They will offer me a package so I'll be ok for a while, but it's just the loss of so much so fast.
Man that's what I thought, but my brain is spinning from all the doors that have opened up for me now that my JOB is gone.

You can do all your Unemployment Benefits stuff online, be sure to register at the State Workforce commission so you can start your benneys. Takes an hour or so, then take a few days off to just veg, getting laid off is pretty stressful. Try to rest.

Pretty sure you'll be fine, heck I'm better than fine. If you don't believe me go back and read my posts from the last 2 months.

How much longer on your studies? Look at how easy just having school will be now, lots more time to devote to your studies, maybe you can double up and finish faster with out work dragging you down?

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

They say that job loss ranks right up there with the big ones when it comes to life's shake-ups.
I'm sorry that you are experiencing this at this difficult time.

But they also say that life's gifts often come in oddly wrapped little packages. Who knows? Maybe this will lead you to better things ahead.

(((hugs)))
Old 09-09-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Get busy!

Do NOT sit around -
get yourself signed up for unemployment = TODAY!!!

Most states- you don't even have to 'go' anyplace - you just call
here in montana you can file your claim online.

The sooner you do that -
the less of a break in income.

Do it! Do it!

THIS IS WHERE YOU CATCH THE WAVE, HON> truly!

Will you qualify for food stamps whilewaiting for the unemployment?
Call and find out!

What about job re-training - call the offices
of Public Service and find THAT out!

Seriously - if you don't have the strength to do it
find a friend who will either sit with you while you do it
or will make the calls for you.

or call your sponsor and ask for her help....

Please don't sit around.

The universe is telling you loud and clear
it's time to make some changes.

We're here -= we'll give the energy support you need
so you can do this.....

jump on it, hon!

The only tyhing that's been ending -
has been the BAD stuff.

Making way for the NEW stuff -= but YOU have to get busy!!!!

....where's that cheerleader smiley when I need it?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

All this stuff happened to me within a short timespan too. Within two years, I was laid off twice, got engaged to and broke up with a cheating alcoholic fiance, moved homes, etc. At the time, I thought all of it was the worst thing(s) that could happen in my life. I suffered for so long because of clinical depression and the "realization" that my life had completely fallen apart and gone to *$!#. But I got through it, and soon after I realized that every $hitty thing that happened during that time was the BEST thing that could ever happen to me. It forced me to make changes where I otherwise would have just stayed with the same old-same old.

To avoid depression, I recommend keeping as normal a routine as possible and focus as much as you can on what opportunities have now come available, as opposed to what you might have lost.

(((hugs))) SummerPeach. I truly believe that this happened for a reason: To open up opportunities that will make your life GREATER than it EVER WAS!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Get busy!

Do NOT sit around -
get yourself signed up for unemployment = TODAY!!!

Most states- you don't even have to 'go' anyplace - you just call
here in montana you can file your claim online.

The sooner you do that -
the less of a break in income.

Do it! Do it!

THIS IS WHERE YOU CATCH THE WAVE, HON> truly!

Will you qualify for food stamps whilewaiting for the unemployment?
Call and find out!

What about job re-training - call the offices
of Public Service and find THAT out!

Seriously - if you don't have the strength to do it
find a friend who will either sit with you while you do it
or will make the calls for you.

or call your sponsor and ask for her help....

Please don't sit around.

The universe is telling you loud and clear
it's time to make some changes.

We're here -= we'll give the energy support you need
so you can do this.....

jump on it, hon!

The only tyhing that's been ending -
has been the BAD stuff.

Making way for the NEW stuff -= but YOU have to get busy!!!!

....where's that cheerleader smiley when I need it?
AMEN!

Listen to Barb, this is definitely where you catch the wave, start paddling damn it!

Get yourself signed up for everything you can think of, health insurance etc., then take it easy for a few.

You can do all of this in a few hours from home, really.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My dear friend...

This will be your opportunity to change and shine. I know the timing stinks but the universe is trying to tell you something.

I loved reading these posts. So many have gone through this and were led to a better place. You will too. You are such a good person and good times are ahead. Stay strong. I am here for you as always..

Hugs
Lulu
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

And talk to Laurie - she's got the hanG

of this public offices stuff - no lie!

PM her and let her know.... she's great at it.

And at motivating, too!

She helped me TOnS during my 'downtime'.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Summerpeach)))

Remember, when we let go of so much, we're making room for all kinds of things to come in, and YOU GET TO CHOOSE what that is!

I'm excited for you, Summer. I know it's a shock, something you didn't expect, but that applies to the positives, too. You are SO ready to make different choices, you've been demonstrating that.

Cheering over here for you,
posie
Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sp, Sounds like 1 door has shut and soon a new bigger, brighter one will open. VIRTUAL HUG
Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Sorry Girl. I'd cry till I couldn't anymore and then get to work.

Can't wait to see what the Universe has in store for you, though.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry!
I will tell you this though, I lost the best job I ever had 2 years ago, when the economy started to tank. I was living in NYC and making the best money I ever had...then wham.

I took that moment to re-evaluate my life goals. Was I REALLY doing what I had been wanting to do??
I filed for unemployment, and thankfully that was a financial help to me for quite some time. It was in that time off that I decided to go back to school and do what I really wanted to do.

So, though it was a great job, and you may have loved it for 10 years....was it what you REALLY want to do for the rest of your life.
I have been let go from jobs before, and that moment has ALWAYS lead me to something better.

Like others have said here, go get your unemployment filed....at least that will be some money coming in, and take this moment to think about YOURSELF and your future career. Because now, you can do WHATEVER you want to do!

HUGS.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

oh wow, thank you SO MUCH everyone for the support. My friend is here and she lost her job yesterday so we're having a pity party together

Once this sinks in, I think I'll be able to see the positive side of this.
I'm a firm believer than when doors close, new ones open
I got this job 10 yrs ago, 3 days after I lost my ex and my business. This job was given to me in my greatest time of need and maybe now I don't need it anymore

I've have been slacking on my courses so this will give me time to focus. My course now is case studies and I need to work with 3 patients for 2 months.
It's a tough course.
I also volunteer at a animal shelter so will have more time for that.
Oh yeah, the universe is REALLY talking to me and it's time I surrender and listen

I live in Canada so unemployment works different here, but I won't need it right away because I'll be getting a good "leaving" package. I'm not broke so won't need food stamps. I made a good pay and am a good saver. I'll be fine with that, I just will feel so displaced.
The economy isn't as bad here as in the US so this totally came out of nowhere.
This company has been in business for 56 yrs and they are a large co. with 14 plants all over the world. A very VERY wealthy company so I guess they had to answer to some shareholders.

Anyway...wow! I am just numb.
My job was like my family.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kittyboo View Post
I'm so sorry!
I will tell you this though, I lost the best job I ever had 2 years ago, when the economy started to tank. I was living in NYC and making the best money I ever had...then wham.

I took that moment to re-evaluate my life goals. Was I REALLY doing what I had been wanting to do??
I filed for unemployment, and thankfully that was a financial help to me for quite some time. It was in that time off that I decided to go back to school and do what I really wanted to do.

So, though it was a great job, and you may have loved it for 10 years....was it what you REALLY want to do for the rest of your life.
I have been let go from jobs before, and that moment has ALWAYS lead me to something better.

Like others have said here, go get your unemployment filed....at least that will be some money coming in, and take this moment to think about YOURSELF and your future career. Because now, you can do WHATEVER you want to do!

HUGS.
Thank you as well
I was a corporate buyer and I liked the job, but I knew when I was diagnosed wtih lupus in 2007, I wanted to be a naturopath so started taking courses to help my own illness and I got the passion
So now, in the end, this job is not what I wanted, but it was paying the bills until I was able to graduate.

But you're right, it's time to re evaluate life.

You are so great...........thank you for all the support
Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Maybe this means you will now be able to just hunker down and finish the naturopath education sooner and quicker.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Not sure what it all means, but as the weeks pass, I will see more clear what all of this means.

This was the Wayne Dyer update on FB today

""Even if you don't know what you should be doing or what your mission is, you need to practice creating that vision anyway. Remind yourself that before long, the all-creating Source will bring your vision into your physical life in ways greater than you could have imagined." - Dr. Wayne Dyer