View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SashaMB

transformyself, that's awesome that you have started a newspaper, you should be very proud of yourself! I actually love the part of my life that is not my homelife. I find that I'm pretty good at the compartmentalizing and detachment, but these long weekends when AH and I are both home for 3 days make me crazy. I'm really luck that I love my work, and it gets me out of bed in the morning. I can easily work from home all weekend if I want to, but the drinking over in the next room is hard to totally ignore. It makes being home uncomfortable. Now, I could normally think of errands or other things to go do, but my poor little car had to go to the shop yesterday, and they won't be able to get to it until Tuesday. So, I am homebound for the long weekend.

Alice, thank you for your perspective. You're right that the ultimate problem is when he treats me badly, and that tends to be worse when he's drinking. The weird thing about this weekend is that since the most recent talk, AH is obviously going to great pains to be pleasant and amiable even though he's drinking. So the present issue isn't so much that he's not being nice right this second, but that I can see his drinking increasing back up to where it was before. As long as it continues to be an increasing habit again, I know it will eventually coincide with bad behavior. And I refuse to have kids with someone who is a problem drinker, so part of my dilemma is whether to stay with a husband that I don't want to have kids with. But we've only been married for a year and half, so I feel I have to stick it out for at least a while.