Old 09-05-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by thequest View Post
I've frequently heard don't go into to business with family. I see why. But elders can be too sympathetic and/or niave at times. The scary part is that many older family members are worried about his credit. Their mad at him and they're growing tired of his crap but it scares me every time they mention 'but his credit'. I'm hoping he pays a heavy financial consequence at least so this will be the bottom which seems to be taking forever. But he has to suffer a severe consquence for his lifestyle and actions which I am trying to drive home to other family members-consequences.
Perhaps some day they will tire of it enough to stop the " but" which rationalizies their own choices to control outcomes.

Perhaps some day, you will tire enough to stop your own " but" which rationalizes your own strongly held convictions and desire to control the outcomes.

I mean no snarkiness here. This is a forum for freinds and family who struggle with control and ego issues and are often consumed with fixing other people.
It takes one to know one and all that.