Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thequest

Using family as middlemen for legitimate reasons?

The problem relative who has financial issues wants others to act as middlemen to pay off his financial obligations to a family member he's into for 5 figures. He has some money for a partial payment but he wants other/s to actually make the payment for him. He doesn't want to discuss finance with the relative he owes money nor does he want other tax/misc fincial issues so now he wants other family members to pay his bill/debt to the relative. I want to see the relative get paid off but why should I or anyone else do his bidding.

Even though part of a debt is being paid I still find it selfish that he cannot deal directly with this. Nor should he have to be reminded or pressured to pay off the better part of a decade old debt. To me he is just avoiding all sorts of issues here by bringing third parties into his dealings. But then again he really doesn't give a crap about anyone besides himself

Should I be glad an effort & a payment of money is being made to pay off part of a debt or consider this latest effort nothing but a gratuitous & frivilous effort to get someone off their back and be on their merry way again?