Old 09-04-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I just truly am wondering what I did in life for karma to "b" slap me like this, addict daughter and alkie husband .... both constantly creating chaos and it never ends
IMO, there is no such thing as karma. To believe that you did something in this life or any other life to CAUSE these things to occur will keep you blaming yourSELF. Go back to this:
You did not cause it
You cannot control it and
You cannot cure it.

NOTHING they are doing has ANYTHING to do with you. What has helped me when my thoughts have centered around karma and fate is the Serenity Prayer.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I tell ya, lesson learned to me, his bottom will be death, probably long after mine, but I can't do this again. No matter what happens to him, jail, rehab, whatever, if he ever wants to get back, I need you all to slap me upside the head and tell me what an idiot I'll be!!!! This can't happen again, it just can't!!!!
My advice is to go No Contact. Do not listen to anything he says. Do not engage him or check up on him. Do not call him or talk to him or expect anything from him. Get distance however you can.

What helped me in this kind of situation was journaling and other sorts of reminders so that when the person comes back and tries again, I am reminded of what life with them is truly like.

Good lord. As if life is not difficult enough without having this person causing all this trouble, stirring things up. He is toxic. Time to De-Tox yourself and the kids.