Old 09-04-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceteach

Hi Queen. Welcome back, and I'm sorry you wound up here in crisis again (although you sound pretty level-headed and grounded!). I don't think you need whomped on at all. I think you gave it a good shot with your husband and HE blew it, and you have consequences in place.

Is there a chance you could take the girls somewhere else for Saturday and Sunday so you don't have to be a party to him this weekend at all? What would be the point of sticking around? What about setting up a plan for a place to go, and then calling the police so that you are doing the right legal thing by notifying them that he is breaking his probation rules and the court orders. Remember, Queen, to keep it all very legal.

Also remember that alcoholism is very progressive, and he will be immediately right back at his very worst level of drinking as he was when he last quit, and then go downhill from there. I did this 3 or 4 times with my exAH, and each time it dragged me down emotionally and mentally until I almost didn't survive it myself. Don't let yourself get dragged down to those previous levels just because HE is, Queen. Keep your serenity, choose to separate yourself from him for these next few days, and make the call. It's time.

Good luck, and stay close!