View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, Duet, as sad (and scary) as your present situation with your son's addiction is, yours is a story of survival.

I know it didn't come easy, I know it didn't come quickly, but it is there in your story...sad, defeated woman rises above all obstacles and finds a good path.

What you lost, your home, business and money, is just "stuff". Sure, it hurts because you lost a dream in there somewhere too.

But what you have gained, will be with you always, inner peace and hope for the future, and a sense of what is really important in life.

The recovery tools you have picked up along the way will see you through the darker days. And surrounding yourself with support will provide light from our candles on days you cannot find your own.

You may not know it yet, but you have brought hope for the newcomer here, hope for those who remain in a long struggle, and a shining example of how recovery can save us from whatever life hands us, good days and bad.

Thank you for sharing this, you have made my life brighter by your example of perseverance.

Hugs