View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
topspin

Kim,
You and your husband are headed in two, yet equally healthy , directions !

I've lost over 50 lbs since early April with overhauling the way i eat and some exersize.
Nixing all the empty carbs is my only explanation really. I eat at least three times what i used to, just without all the junky poison. I've heard that if we would keep our insides as clean as our outsides, there wouldn't be a whole lot of health problems, overweight, diabetes, etc. Want to clean my car ?, I' wouldn't want to use a pizza, nope, water works the best, .........that's the idea behind eating watery veggies about 4-1 whether you eat them with meat or a higher carb whole food like brown rice or wheat pasta, potatoes, etc. The best thing of all is that I get to eat a ton of food !! No counting this, weighing that. Nadda
The hardest thing for me was going through my place and giving away, ...and staying away from the gazillion nutritiously empty carbs found in (so-called)foods with sucrose ( sugar) in them. You start thinking about giving up things as common as ketchup and the list is endless. Read the labels. Mentally, I think it's tough as hell without good info, since who grandma/ Aunt/Mom/ Dad/ Nana didn't give sugary treats out, ....celebrations with deserts,candies, as "rewards" Changing the way i looked at processed sugar was similiar to the mental transformation I have toward alcohol. If y'all read "sugar blues";.... you and your husband'll get the full picture, enough info to warrant being free for life. Not to mention , breaking the cycle for your kids. And it (sugar blues) is funny , to boot. ;-)))

I eat a ton of natural sugar now. It' comes from fruit (fructose) .....without eating fruit, I'd just get whatever sugary thing I could.

Enough about all that though, ....I'm convinced there's 1000's of pages of confusing misinformation distributed ( by folks with a horse in the race), and that's why billions and billions are spent yearly by people trying to address their weight problems. If they really worked, wouldn't we stop spending yet billions and billions ad infinitum next year and the next ?

I say the "caveman diet" is a good place to start !

Well, that's all the diet and healthy food rant I have for this thread. Mental and physical fitness seem like a natural progression in recovery; .....but , that's just me.

Hope your husband can pass those requirements ! Seems like a short notice ?!?

Take care Kim ....... you and your growing family !!!