View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BklynGrl

How long do I give him to leave?

I went to live with my dad three weeks ago, told AH I couldn't deal with his drinking anymore. He prentends to be taking steps towards recovery but I can tell he's ddoing it because it's what everyone else is telling him he needs to do in order for me to come home.

Regardless he isn't working right now, took a leave of absence from work so he could go to treatment. He withdrew his last paycheck without telling me so I was stuck covering the bills. Fine I'm the one in the family that's always taken care of the finaces anyhow.

For some ungodly reason I had been thinking he was making ends meet with that last check, then yesterday I found out the truth. Turns out he had dug out a old credit card of mine (he's an authorized user) and has run up $1800 in charges mostly cash advances in under two weeks. I nearly lost my mind that's NOT how you do things in a partnership. Oh and guess how I found out? Chase called because of the unusal activity on the card.

I promptly closed the account and now I want him out of the apartment too. He's living there all nice and cozy while I'm paying the bills and busting my ass trying to commute from my dad's house.

I called him yesterday to tell him but he had been drinking so I decided to wait till today to break the news. How long do you think I should give him to get out and find someplace else to stay? I don't want to be cruel, but I do want him out. He also doesn't have any family or real friends near by.

I absoutely sick over this and I can believe this is the way things are unfolding. I litteraly called in sick to work today becasue I couldn't drag myself out of bed and that's after I left early yesterday becasue I couldn't stop hysterically crying. :rotfxko