Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy Feeling crappy lately, asking for prayers and positive thoughts

Been under a lot of 'family stress' the last few months and it's taking a toll on me, on my peace of mind. Was doing better with the anxiety down to nothing for a while but with my family member's worsening dementia it's increasing to intolerable levels. Wake up feeling depressed and fearful, instead of raring to go, as I was feeling like in the mornings.

My sisters and brother and I are gathering here next month to 'do something' to straighten out her life and make sure she's living as healthy as possible with the help of home health services. An intervention, if you will. She'll resist, concluding from such actions that we're saying she's 'out of it' and unable to care for herself... which she is... but she only feels insulted and not helped by our 'help', which she calls 'interference'.

So if you could send out a prayer or a positive thought for some peace of mind and/or less anxiety I'd be grateful. The one good thing to come from all this mess is that I haven't let it take me back to drinking. I don't want to drink over it. So at least I'm alert and aware to be dealing with this dementia and I'm not making the problem(s) any worse with my own behavior, I'm not adding to the mess. I am blessed to be sober thru all this and a lot of my help comes from this site and those I love here. Thank you all, and you know who you are.