Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Feeling crappy lately, asking for prayers and positive thoughts

Notices

Feeling crappy lately, asking for prayers and positive thoughts

Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy Feeling crappy lately, asking for prayers and positive thoughts

Been under a lot of 'family stress' the last few months and it's taking a toll on me, on my peace of mind. Was doing better with the anxiety down to nothing for a while but with my family member's worsening dementia it's increasing to intolerable levels. Wake up feeling depressed and fearful, instead of raring to go, as I was feeling like in the mornings.

My sisters and brother and I are gathering here next month to 'do something' to straighten out her life and make sure she's living as healthy as possible with the help of home health services. An intervention, if you will. She'll resist, concluding from such actions that we're saying she's 'out of it' and unable to care for herself... which she is... but she only feels insulted and not helped by our 'help', which she calls 'interference'.

So if you could send out a prayer or a positive thought for some peace of mind and/or less anxiety I'd be grateful. The one good thing to come from all this mess is that I haven't let it take me back to drinking. I don't want to drink over it. So at least I'm alert and aware to be dealing with this dementia and I'm not making the problem(s) any worse with my own behavior, I'm not adding to the mess. I am blessed to be sober thru all this and a lot of my help comes from this site and those I love here. Thank you all, and you know who you are.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I certainly will pray for your family in this difficult time.

I've been through similar issues and I understand how difficult it is. ((((Hugs))) This, too, shall pass.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers out that you'll find your way through this and make all the right steps S

D
Old 08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending a Prayer Your Way least..
Old 08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sending major hugs, positive thoughts and prayers... I do hope things will become more manageable soon. I will send an angel your way.

Good for you for hanging in there and not drinking.

Take very good care of yourself.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Least))) - lots of hugs and prayers coming your way, sweetie

Amy
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts! The dogs are sending big sloppy kisses and wagging tails...best wishes....T
Old 08-29-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

(((Least))) that is a difficult situation...
I have been there, and for me, though rewarding in many ways, it was...very stressful to say the least...and one of the things that caused so much anxiety, is that in the process of trying to help, care for my loved one, I got caught up in and stressed out about what I couldn't control without being aware of it..and then of course, there is the fear of the unknown in the situation..natural reactions to be sure...

I don't know if that is the case for you, in this situation, Least, but you are in my thoughts and prayers...
what I try to do is figure out what I can do, what I can't and leave the rest..it makes me feel better and gives me some confidence, that unlike other things I can't control, I can control how best I can move through it, and be in a stronger calmer, place to handle any unexpected and difficult situations that may arise...
hope you feel better, ((Least)) and prayers for you and your family..
Old 08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Done!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers and dog kisses your way!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

prayers, Least
Old 08-29-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

prayers for you Least
Old 08-29-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

least - Good thoughts coming your way and hugs too. Hang in there. This community seems to be a great source of strength and support and people won't let you down. Think dogs! Maybe a walk with them or a good romp will feel good. I am about to go for an after dinner stroll with mine. One of mine just gave a bark for you and your dogs!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Prayers to you and your family Least.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and your family, least.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I wish you the best-and you and your family are in my prayers today.

All the best
Old 08-29-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

least,
you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
bless you and your family.
it is tough when mom is ill, and resistant.
present moment, do what you can, and then let it go.

beth
Old 08-29-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well, Least, I went through the same thing with my mom 20 years ago. I'd been sober for only two years and the stress was bad but fortunately I didn't drink over it and this made it a lot easier to handle. She blamed me to all of her friends for "putting her" in a retirement home (just to "get her furniture" she said!) when actually it was her decision from beginning to end. Then her friends would scold me for being such a bad son. Once I got so angry that I left, put the dog in the car and the dog and I drove straight back to our winter home in D.C. (525 miles) in one day. I ran out of gas at one point since I was so upset I wasn't watching the gas gauge. Just before the Baltimore tunnel. Well we never did really patch it up and she died back in 1997. We did have some good times with the dog, a blue belton setter show dog, which I took on my visits to her and whom she loved to see. George was his name. A real sweetie who died two years later. Then I got Nika, a tricolor show setter from Idaho, so you see the dogs really helped me out on this. Nika died four years ago (I had to put her to sleep since she got diabetic paralysis) and now we have Boswell, the English Cocker, whose photo you may have seen on the dog thread.
Good luck on all of this. It's tough. It's always good to get some broad family support on this and have everyone sign on. Keep in touch if there is anything I can do to help.

W.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Prayers...
Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Least,

We all got your back, here. Strength, hope and prayers to you.