View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
topspin

Saturday Night and Back To a New Work Week!! What a relief , .....most every week.

This morning my nephew stopped by and was 'crackishly" pacing around my place waiting for a call about some weed. After some time talking (asking questions mostly), I began to understand (and could relate to ) just how dark and meaningless he's come to view life.

Thank goodness our library has computers , ...so it really helped to stop by and read this thread and another around noon. Almost like;....... starting the day over !

Took off for a longer (28 mi) ride out on the toll road for the second day on my "new" used road bike. Guaranteed stress reliever !

An old friend stopped by this afternoon before work who's battled alcohol (plus) the 25 years I've known him. Off and on, mostly "on". Past several months, definitely ON! Hopefully he can finally find a more permanent solution soon. As selfish as it sounds, sometimes a good "bad example" of how devastating alcohol abuse can be; .....really makes me even more grateful for this new life of sobriety and a recovery program. .....it's been that kind of day.

A day for counting simple blessings.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far !!