View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Please contact the association above. Try to think of all the women that don't have anyone to resort to. You are lucky to be in US where you can get help, tips.

I was drugged and raped 6 years ago in a rave party. I was too ashamed and had issues -still have issues- thinking about myself as a "rape victim". It seems as someone else, surely not ME. At the time I was really sad and told no one. I should have reported the guy to the police, but I was too afraid and ashamed. Moreover, in my country women are abused,killed on a daily basis and when the family or friend report that, police -if they can even be called police- laugh, hint the woman was probably a wh***, politicians say it happens because the woman was not at home or because she was wearing short skirt. It's a shame. I didn't have to go through that on top of how I already felt.

I did not report him and who knows how many others he has taken advantage of. I would have done anything to have a center near me where people understood and had means to help me then. Please use your resources. Listen to them. Your life is at stake. YOU DID NOTHING TO DESERVE WHAT HAPPENED. You are a child of God.