View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cherrie1

Sorry if all the facts have not been totally clear but it would take hours to tell every detail. The latest theft occurred three weeks ago. He got into trouble a week before that and that is how we found out he had a problem. He went to a doctor and began suboxone and going to meeting. When he got caught taking money he was a week clean and he talked to his sponsor and doctor about that and they said that is how you survived and you have to break those habits. He said that was the worst part because he took money when newly clean. And that is what got the whole thing out in the open. My brother in law figured he must have been the one to have taken money at Thanksgiving and my other sister in law was missing jewelry so finally he has come clean.

I know all of you understand this is not uncommon behavior for an addict what I meant was if you have not been touched by this you don't understand that it is not personal it is just an addict doing what it needs to to survive. That does not make it right I know.

He is facing this himself I will not even be here tonight when he talks to my brother in law. He knows he did this and only he can fix it. I know I have nothing to feel guilty about but my son hurt our family and I do feel bad about that. Our relationships are strained right now and I am hoping they can someday be normal again. If I am guilty of anything it was not seeing the signs when I already went through this with another child.
I am bitter that I have to go through this again when the rest of the family has the 'perfect kids". I know I have no control over the outcome but that does not mean that I am not worried for him. He is my son and I love him. He was wrong and he needs to try to make amends. He will not come out of all this without any consequences he is going to be sited for something by the police that had nothing to do with any of this, that just brought all of this to our attention. Thanks for all the support.