View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
naive

hello chicory-

many of us have arrived here when life with our addict became "unmanageable". your prayers have been heard as all sincere, selfless prayer is heard.

when i first started my recovery, i began my day immediately upon rising to connect to my hp, for strength and guidance. every day, out of bed, on my knees (which is where i already was) and praying. the alanon serentity prayer is a good one to use if you don't know how to pray.

"give me your yoke, i will carry it" - jesus as christ

sometimes, the hard choice and the right choice are one and the same. this world is suffering and people are going crazy. perhaps your son is going crazy.

have you tried communicating (when you are not emotionally upset) to your son that you want to live alone? it can be as simple as that.

why not simply tell him that you want to live alone? and ask him to find another place to live. and give him a date, like a month from now.

i agree that it would be good to research some mental health support for him, perhaps a psychiatrist for an initial assessment, followed by on-going therapy should he be willing.

your son is a grown man now and at some point, we must leave them to their soul plan for their life and honor our own soul plan. it's his life.

naive