Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Flip77
Sobriety saved my life.

Hi Julian, I had the same exact things happening to me. I also would feel anxious, sweaty, dizzy, my hands and feet would be tingling and feel swollen and my heart would beat like crazy, it felt like I downed three pots of coffee or something. What helped me when it was happening was walking non-stop, even in circles and some times it would take hours but it did help me. Towards the end of my drinking it would happen about three times a month usually after long binges when I would be sobering up. I too thought that I was dying. I have been sober for about three and a half months now without a drop of alcohol and it only happened to me two times in the first month but not any more full blown attacks since then, just a few little tingles and heart races like you but I really can't remember the last time. It will get better with time, I don't feel any type of alcohol induced symptoms anymore myself. I commend you on making this decision at a young age before your drinking gets worse which it would no doubt, and quitting smoking at the same time...WOW...I envy you! Good job and don't give up, it is SO worth it. Flip