View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

[QUOTE=chicory;2690031]justjo,
he came to my bedroom door, and was angry, cause the other benadryl pill was gone. I took it and told him so, as to not go through anymore of the raging that he did today. that has only made him worse! he put a hole in his bedroom door, threw his things into boxes, into his car (with expired plates, no gas, no license,, and a warrant!). i told him that he needed to calm down, and try to talk about it. he would not. still raging from the two benadryl, plus one last night. if he is bipolar2. as first psyc. said, he could be having bad reaction to benadryl? not sure, but I know that some imbalances dont mix well with some meds.
anyway. he did not drive off. i called his dad and he told me to just let him go. that he cant be allowed to treat people like this. he is right. son stormed out, walking for more cigs i guess. came back and said," if you think this is all about drugs, you are so wrong." he told me i needed to get help. I cannot discribe how i felt at that moment- it was like i almost laughed, and I thought "I can do this- I can kick him out!" but , it passed, and I am here, hoping that the madness is done for the night.
Yes, the old, I'll blame you trick. My son did this many times as he walked out the door smashing windows and screaming down the road. The monster gone mad and I was the one who cried all night.

I hope no one is feeling like " what is she waiting for?" cause, i think i would, if i were reading this. no, not really. but you are right. This is not my son either. my son is usually tender about my feelings, always willing to listen to my troubles, and when he worked at a grocery, he noticed a lady who would always come to look in the dumpster behind the store, and he would leave the food out for her, so she would not have to dig in trash for her meals.
Time, when you have had it, it will happen

I just want to say that he is worth all the trouble to me. I do realize that I cannot help him this way. Maybe he is trying to get thrown out- maybe he knows this is terrible.Right on, he is pushing all your buttons, just waiting for you to give him a consequence. He'll keep pushing you too, until you have had enough. Why would he leave when he knows there is no consequences. When my son put a hole in his bedroom door, his step father took the door off. He screamed and yelled like a 2 yr old having a tantrum, so he was told if he didnt like he knew what he could do. So he went and stayed at a friends place for 2 weeks, then wanted to come home. He was given a bucket of 'bog' to fill in the hole and made to do it himself before the door went back on. There were many more holes after that, thats when Id had enough, changed the locks and the rest is history

JJ