View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

Hello Charlie and welcome to SR. I'm sorry for what brought you here, but very glad you've found us. If you stick around you'll find that you're among friends - special people who understand your life and your struggles as perhaps few others can.

It was a difficult time for me when I came to grips with the reality of my life and my relationship with my A. I didn't take any drastic action right away, in my case that wouldn't have been safe for me. Instead, I made small changes for myself. I started going to Al Anon meetings, I started doing a LOT of reading. One of the first books that was recommended to me was Melodie Beatties Co Dependent No More. It really helped me to figure out where I stopped and he started. It was a process, disentangling myself and my moods and feelings from him.

Add us to your prayers please as I take the first step for me. I pray that my first step will help to move my partner to take the first step on her journey.
I had to do what you said - I took the first step for me. I also prayed that my A might make some changes in his life. He did, but far too little and much too late. The good news is that there really is light and life on the other side, and I chose to live a healthier life, make healthier choices, set healthier boundaries. My life is fuller and richer and happier than I ever dreamed was possible.

Again, welcome. You'll find a lot of great information in the "stickies" at the top of the forums. We're here to offer our own experience strength and hope. I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

Cats