View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
AmericanGirl
April 18, 2010

hi folks!

topspin, sorry to hear about the hernia (and congratulations on your twin granddaughters!)

kim, hope you're getting tons of rest and feeling well.

ubc, carol, how fun hearing about your extreme sporting activities. i'm with ghostly, ha! fear of heights will keep me away from flying, i suspect. but i do need more endorphins. august has been so hot that it's hard to get outside, and i miss riding my bike! in a month things should be better as far as all of that goes.

last night i skipped out on a party to avoid being around people i don't know well who would be drinking (open bar). it was a networking opportunity and i feel a little bad i couldn't handle it, but i also know i need to keep giving myself time and four months isn't that much time yet. (plus i think i exhausted my ability to be the only non-drinker while i was with my family earlier this week.) i hope some day i will feel more comfortable being a non-drinker around people who are drinking, but i definitely don't yet. and i'm still working on building sober friendships, but it's going to take longer than four months. patience, patience, patience!