View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LucyA

Originally Posted by tormentedmirror View Post
It is, and it is. That said, it appears that the only thing you're focusing on is how you feel, and I perceive you as being selfish. Aren't you glad he's getting help? Don't you want to help him get better? Don't you think he has made a wise decision? If you act a certain way and then get called on it, you shouldn't be surprised. He's the one with the addiction. If you think you're lonely, you should walk a mile in his shoes. Addiction is incredibly lonely.

Don't you want to know what your part is in the healing process?
And selfish is good sometimes, if 'selfish' is looking after yourself.
We can't help them much if we aren't healthy and strong ourselves, but we all have to get to that point before we can do it. (we being the ones who love A's and them being As)
Sometimes it's not that easy to get to that point if you don't even realise you need to be there!
I was scared and desperate when I came here, I didn't know I needed to look after myself AND make that my priority above anything else before things began to turn around (for me)
Sometimes we get so far on our own journeys we think everyone should be right there behind us following in our footsteps or walking right beside us, but the first steps are the hardest (or they were for me)
Sadpanda, stick around if you can, you may not always hear what you want, but you'll hear from people who've been there before you and can and will share their experience, it's up to you to use it and learn from it, just as it's up to your fiance to use what he's being given now.