Thread: cocaine and OCD
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
got_2loveme
Heather

L.B. . .My opinion on this is there's a possibility that her compulsive behavior is linked to using. . .now I am speaking from my own experiences. . .but we also have to keep in mind. . .everyone for their own. . .so at the same time. . .this could just be what she is enjoying at this stage in her life without drugs as well. . .however I know from my own experiences that when I was using cocaine and meth that I would spend a ridiculos amount of time on my hair and make-up. . .however with or without drugs I am late for everything. . .as for the patient at the nursing home. . .when I was high on coke or meth. . .I had all the paitence in the world for both of my elderly grandparents. . .an had no problem doin anything they asked. . .but without it. . .it was the total opposite. . .I didn't want to do anything for them at all. . .And the shopping sprees. . .omg. . .can I relate to that. . .that was my favorite passtime. . .I would spend every last dollar that we had. . .an not pay 1 bill. . .but you better believe that I had that Gucci purse. . .or those Coach sunglasses. . .so as the NA text reads. . .we realized that our lives had become unmanagable. . .but I have to remind you that shopping alone has it's own catagory in addiction. . .so it doesn't always boil down to drug addiction when someone is spending alot of money when out shopping. . .so it is really hard to tell whether or not she is using. . .all my prayers go out for you an your daughter. . .I hope that all works out. . .keep comin. . .