View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
ChrrisT

Try not arguing. It's not healthy for ANYONE, alcoholic, sober, recovering, or other. Investigate what part you play in the arguing and fighting, determine where you can mature yourself, then make the changes you need to make to grow some. That's what I do anyway. You could resolve not to start a fight. You could resolve that once a conversation TURNS INTO a fight that you will just walk away and come back to it later
You are so right!

I have to be careful sometimes about being a reverse Hypochondriac in terms of diagnosing others, like my RAH. I'll read something then I'll think HE has that. He's a gaslighter, compulsive liar, narcissist, an alcoholic... well that one was true.

It's probably that we both just need to grow the hell up.

We were going back and forth about something last week, we had to prove our points. But of course I was right - why couldn't he see that!!!!!

He finally said " I am dropping the racket, I will not volley back to you"

I was like - WHAT!! don't you AA me! But he was right and it turned out fine. I'll try to remember that next time.

It is very very difficult to change old behaviors and thoughts. They are so ingrained and it can be so overwhelming. Lobotomy please!