View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

msgalore-

Welcome!! Keep reading and posting. Addictions are basically all the same. But, sex addiction does so hurt the mate of the addict. It attacks us at the core of who we are. Our sexuality is very much at the core of who we are. I know you must feel very betrayed and confused at how this could go on.
I believe that the good part of us wants to believe in good in others. We fall in love and we trust that. I read a really good book on sex addiction but, I loaned it out and I can't remeber the title.....(menopause)huh!

Just don't take his addiction personally I believe being with a sex addict has to be very painful... But, it was nothing you did that drove him to it please believe that....
Now you are not with him. So be gentel with yourself don't believe the negative. You are reaching out for help and that is good.... You will be alright. You will learn to reckonize the symptoms of addiction in another. You will learn what behaviors of yours actract addicts. Addicts hav a keen sence of smell for us codies!! When we grew up with addiction we have to take note of our learned behaviors and untangle ourselves. May you find peace...