View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jen928

Originally Posted by dontwant2Bdad View Post
Jimbo, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. When my father died of alcoholism, I was not as compassionate as you are. It was horrid! Lots of different feelings mixed up with the grief.

I hope you had a good relationship with your mom. If by chance you have any last things to say, it may bring you peace to say them out loud to her. In my case, in his last minutes I finally got up the muster, I held his hand and whispered, "I forgive you Dad. You can go now." And then he was gone. It's a moment I still hold onto.

Peace Jimbo.
Hugs,
J.
jimbo, how are you doing? hope they have moved your mom into hospice and she is resting comfortably. please keep us updated on how you are doing.

and dontwant2bdad, thank you for sharing this. I often wonder if I will have the courage to tell my mom that I forgive her and that I love her because I'm so very torn up on the inside and really quite sad and angry....at times I worry that we'll never have that moment of, simply, peace. I live 4 1/2 hours away from my mom and it scares me that I will miss my opportunity to be there with her.