Thread: Maybe
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((SS)) - glad to see you back, and I'm glad you're not drinking.

I understand about the feeling of wondering exactly what has gotten better, by not drinking/using, when we're dealing with the consequences.

I can only tell you that I'm decades older than you, and I'm having to live at home due to the financial chaos I brought on myself by using. If you're not drinking/using, you have a good chance of improving your life. It may not SEEM like it, now, but you really do.

If you keep drinking, I can pretty much guarantee you that things will only get worse. You really don't want to be MY age and still struggling for independence, trust me. I have a tendency to focus on how I've screwed up, but I'm trying to get past that. As long as I'm clean, I have a chance to have a good life. I go back to using, and it's over.''

It also helps me to hear of others who have been through hell and come out on the other side. SR is a great place for that, but sometimes we need more.

You deserve a good life, and it's in your hands, sweetie. It's not EASY, but not much of the good in life comes easy. When we have to work for it, we tend to appreciate it a lot more.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy