View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
vaya

[QUOTE=msmelrem;2675930]I still trust him with my life, I don't trust him with his life. I want my marriage to work and be happy in it, I have to do this for us. QUOTE]

If you don't trust him with his life, how can you trust him with yours and your daughter's?

"I wish he would respect his life and start loving his life."
He also needs to respect you. He he cannot start loving his life, he is not fully capable of loving you, at least, not now.

"It's just now that I have to really start up my plan and sticking with my plan. It's tough love.

I think you've made a remarkable turn around in a really short amount of time and are taking all the right steps to insure you and your daughter's safety. Many of us struggle for months/years before we can finally get 'tough'.

I am relatively new here and am just learning how to deal with my AS. My ex is also an addict, but he's not in the picture now. It is painful, but we have to do what we have to do for us and , as so many others have said, 'not be dragged down'. I am so proud of you for not blaming yourself and taking affirmative actions for you and your daughter's well being.