View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
msmelrem

I have learned so much this past weekend about drugs, and I have spoken with counselors, interventionist, and really am blessed that one of his very close cousins is a behavioral psychiatrist who is willing to facilitate an intervention. I am more convinced now that it's cocaine...bloody nose? jaw popping? irritated? and this time I wasn't being a B*tch. It was this Sat. morning, when I woke up from a nice little nap, I see his eyes in rage, started accusing me of sleeping with other people. I said really? Smiling at him, because I know that all I have is faithful to him, and I also know that that's what drugs do...they become paranoid. (yes I've been doing my homework), so I kinda played with his High. I told him, to be careful leaving and where he's going the cops maybe following him and his friend...whom he always calls when he needs it. He has no clue that I have a GPS on him, I have tracked all his calls and voicemails...and really, I don't see the need anymore for playing CSI. That's not what my life is about. He was so angry at me Saturday morning, he was telling me that he couldn't stand me, couldn't trust me, that I need to stay away from him. So I did. I know it's the drugs talking. I again, consulted with his cousin who advised me that it's time to gather up all those who matter to him, and we are going to meet to talk about our approach. My husband is not a weak person, he is very strong physically, and high strung. He has a very very tough exterior, but I know that with the people he loves around, he will break. I am just collecting more ammo. Since he's the bread earner, and he got paid last Friday, I demanded that he gives me a portion of his money before it all goes away (to drugs)...and I hid it in a safe spot. He was so angry at me for taking his money, and I told him that we needed to start saving up, and for some reason we never get to save. I have also found a temporary place for my daughter and I to go to in case things get out of hand during the intervention, and it's a good location for my daughter's schooling and my work. I am doing my best to not change her schedule and her life. She loves her step-dad so much, it hurts. Friday night, I could tell he was already withdrawing but he did all he could to put a sweet front to my daughter and took her shopping, played with her, taught her how to paint her desk, and my daughter is just clueless. I still trust him with my life, I don't trust him with his life. I wish he would respect his life and start loving his life. It's just now that I have to really start up my plan and sticking with my plan. It's tough love. I want my marriage to work and be happy in it, I have to do this for us. Thank you so much for all the insights, please pray for a safe and successful intervention.