Thread: Accident
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
TheEnd
High on Life

Originally Posted by TenNinetySix View Post
I don't want to be a party pooper, but the odds of you coming out of this 'unscathed' are basically nil. Whether you were at fault or not is a moot point with the presence of alcohol & marijuana in the vehicle... you will be cited for POM & open container, just not for causing the accident. How & to what extent you'll be punished will depend on your driving history, priors, & the powers that be in your area that decide such penalties. You don't have to be cited at the time of the accident, there is usually too much confusion at the scene if there are injuries involved, EMS, etc.

This was my nightmare when I was drinking & driving; that I would be in an accident & busted & it wouldn't even be my fault.

Now that you probably pretty much are loathing me, I just want to say: THIS WAS YOUR WAKE UP CALL. I hope you listen. You may come out a little singed on this but it is nothing in comparison to what could happen the next time. Instead of thinking of it as being punishment, realize that you lucked out in the grand scheme of things when it comes to drinking & driving & take whatever they hand to you & be grateful it is not likely to be more than POM & open container~~ IF you really were not at fault & if your using while driving didn't contribute to the accident. <~~ not saying it did, just covering all the bases.

And like that one guy said already... bargaining with God/Universe/Higher Power whatever you want to call it... that doesn't work. You got a very gentle wake up call all in all & I hope you listen & take this & use it to make your life better. Good luck.
Thanks for being honest............