Notices

Accident

Old 08-10-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
High on Life

Accident

I was in a accident yesterday, don't remember a god damn thing(drank a pint before). I had an open container in the car and marijuana. They took me too the hospital, it wasn't my fault, but they took my license, not sure what that means.....Afraid, Scared,...................if I get out of this unscathed I will change my life around for the better
Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
if I get out of this unscathed I will change my life around for the better
I tried to bargain with God for decades. It doesnt work. Just sayin...
Old 08-10-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find it in you to stick to that promise The End.

There's a better way to live - and a far less dangerous one...

if it's as you say, this may not have been your fault - but driving really is a fools game for anyone in active addiction.

D
Old 08-10-2010, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

" IF i get out of this unscathed" ?
i liked what sugotz said about bargaining.it dont work.
however recovery can and will if you want it to,but without stipulations on the deal.
lucky you you are unscathed.glad no innocent kids or others got hurt.
you may not be so lucky next time.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Not trying to be a downer, but, the chances of you coming out of this unscathed aren't good. Regardless of whether the accident was your fault, you were caught driving under the influence and you had pot and an open container in the car with you. At the very least, your license will most probably be suspended for a time and you could still face charges of DUI and possession.

You can still turn your life around and it sounds like you have good reason to do so. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Not trying to be a downer, but, the chances of you coming out of this unscathed aren't good. Regardless of whether the accident was your fault, you were caught driving under the influence and you had pot and an open container in the car with you. At the very least, your license will most probably be suspended for a time and you could still face charges of DUI and possession.

You can still turn your life around and it sounds like you have good reason to do so. Good luck.
Thanks for being honest.......
Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That sounds like you will be in big trouble.
Best to face it with a clear head.
Hope nobody was hurt.
Wish you the best.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
High on Life

Just talked to my friend who is a retired cop, he said the cop just forgot to give it to me with all the confusion, I hope that is the case......
Old 08-10-2010, 04:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Like stugotz said to bargain with GOD is a moot point, the fact thay you survived means he has a plan for you but even GOD has a breaking point.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Anyone hurt?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Anything is possible, I guess. I hope that this has been a huge eye-opener for you and that you will take the opportunity to make some changes for the better in your life.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Anything is possible, I guess. I hope that this has been a huge eye-opener for you and that you will take the opportunity to make some changes for the better in your life.
Yes, too huge...
Old 08-10-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
High on Life

I will quit drinking tomorrow, I would say today, but I already drank, stressed....my lover is not helping me, he is tired of the ********, probably best I do this on my own, he found out about my lover on the side, but doesn't seem to care.........God Dammit, when I do it, I really do it.....
Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't want to be a party pooper, but the odds of you coming out of this 'unscathed' are basically nil. Whether you were at fault or not is a moot point with the presence of alcohol & marijuana in the vehicle... you will be cited for POM & open container, just not for causing the accident. How & to what extent you'll be punished will depend on your driving history, priors, & the powers that be in your area that decide such penalties. You don't have to be cited at the time of the accident, there is usually too much confusion at the scene if there are injuries involved, EMS, etc.

This was my nightmare when I was drinking & driving; that I would be in an accident & busted & it wouldn't even be my fault.

Now that you probably pretty much are loathing me, I just want to say: THIS WAS YOUR WAKE UP CALL. I hope you listen. You may come out a little singed on this but it is nothing in comparison to what could happen the next time. Instead of thinking of it as being punishment, realize that you lucked out in the grand scheme of things when it comes to drinking & driving & take whatever they hand to you & be grateful it is not likely to be more than POM & open container~~ IF you really were not at fault & if your using while driving didn't contribute to the accident. <~~ not saying it did, just covering all the bases.

And like that one guy said already... bargaining with God/Universe/Higher Power whatever you want to call it... that doesn't work. You got a very gentle wake up call all in all & I hope you listen & take this & use it to make your life better. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by TenNinetySix View Post
I don't want to be a party pooper, but the odds of you coming out of this 'unscathed' are basically nil. Whether you were at fault or not is a moot point with the presence of alcohol & marijuana in the vehicle... you will be cited for POM & open container, just not for causing the accident. How & to what extent you'll be punished will depend on your driving history, priors, & the powers that be in your area that decide such penalties. You don't have to be cited at the time of the accident, there is usually too much confusion at the scene if there are injuries involved, EMS, etc.

This was my nightmare when I was drinking & driving; that I would be in an accident & busted & it wouldn't even be my fault.

Now that you probably pretty much are loathing me, I just want to say: THIS WAS YOUR WAKE UP CALL. I hope you listen. You may come out a little singed on this but it is nothing in comparison to what could happen the next time. Instead of thinking of it as being punishment, realize that you lucked out in the grand scheme of things when it comes to drinking & driving & take whatever they hand to you & be grateful it is not likely to be more than POM & open container~~ IF you really were not at fault & if your using while driving didn't contribute to the accident. <~~ not saying it did, just covering all the bases.

And like that one guy said already... bargaining with God/Universe/Higher Power whatever you want to call it... that doesn't work. You got a very gentle wake up call all in all & I hope you listen & take this & use it to make your life better. Good luck.
Thanks for being honest............
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

First, I am glad you are ok and it sounds like no one else was injured. IMO you already have come out unscathed, you are after all alive and unhurt. Please take this opportunity, this second chance, and make it worth something.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
High on Life

Afraid, what is going to happen, going to drink some more, I don't know what else to do at this point
Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Afraid, what is going to happen, going to drink some more, I don't know what else to do at this point
That is, of course, your choice to make; however, you know that it won't change anything regarding the accident and could cause more problems. Sometimes it takes more than a house to fall on some people before they finally "get it." Good luck to you.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well, that's probably the exact wrong answer, but you know that.

Regardless of whether there will be legal implications or not, getting recovered from alcoholism is probably the first best thing to do. Reach out!! You can call the AA hotline, my guess is that you'll soon find others you can talk to face to face who have been right where you are now....

If AA is not something you want to do, and you are really at a loss and really facing some big time consequences, rehab isn't a bad way to go!

Mark
Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

A DUI, a no nonsense judge and family that was done helping me was the best thing that ever happened to this drunk. It got me be back in AA. I spent the first 6-8 sober months fantasizing about how to harm a Massachusetts State Trooper and not go to jail.

About a year and a half sober I sent the trooper a thank you card. Sounds terribly corny and I am going to hit send and not come back and edit .......... I can't believe I am saying this but he was an angel sent from God.

It does not seem like it now and I hated when it when it was said to me back then but maybe consequences are a good thing. They were for me, I needed to be stopped physically, ie. handcuffs and probation because I was not gonna stop myself. Then AA taught me how to keep the plug in the jug.