View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
beaumawe

How did you know?

I'm just wondering if it is true that everyone hits a point when they know enough is enough and leave? I have been with my AB for almost 8 years, I know he isn't going to change, I know that drinking will probably kill him, I know I deserve better than the abuse I have endured, so why haven't I left yet???

My friends and family keep telling me when you are ready you will leave, but I don't understand why I can't. I have allowed myself to change so much for this person, into someone I don't even like. Family tells me how much I have changed and isolated myself. I know it and see it, why can't I get the balls to change it. I guess I am so frustrated with myself tonight, his behavior hasn't changed, why I still have hope that he will treat me with love and respect is beyond me. I threaten to kick him out and never follow through & I can feel myself falling deeper and deeper into depression.

I keep debating on going to a Al-Anon meeting or to a counselor, maybe both would be good for me. I am so miserable, I have gained so much weight & feel like I am not attractive anymore & will probably be alone if I leave him. Part of my problem as well is that I am still so physically attracted to him (not the passed out, peed his pants person though. I KNOW I need to concentrate on myself, but I find it so hard to concentrate & stay focused.

Just reaching out to see if anyone else has felt this way, words of advice, just a friendly post would be welcome at this point.