View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Nevertheless

I tend to lean more towards being a disease. But as others have said, it really doesn't matter. The fact is, quitting is very very difficult. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done. But as I heard here many times. I finally wanted to stop more than I wanted to drink. I wen't to AA, and I don't think I would have made it without it. But there were many many times I almost gave in. But the simple thing that made me succeed instead of failing is. I DIDN"T GIVE IN. The longer you go without giving in, the easier it gets. And there is nothing like the feeling at the end of the day when you look back and say. You know what? I wen't all day today without even thinking about a drink. 500 days ago I would have said, that just wouldn't be possible for me. But believe me. I have been sober almost a year and a half, and there have been a lot of days I look back and wen't all day without thinking of a drink. So before you pick up that first drink, think about what you are throwing away. It might be your whole life.
Fred