Notices

Disease or morals

Old 08-08-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you very much, I have had a sober weekend, filling my time with exercise and keeping busy. I think maybe I do read too many books etc, trying to find an answer and maybe an idea that a light will go on for me. One thing I am certain about is that alcoholism gets worse and has taken me further and further down. Once again thankyou and I hope I continue with the strength I have had this weekend, and you continue with your sobriety.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good job! The weekend is always hard for me, so I hope you'll have a few "easy" (if any of them are easy) days as the week progresses. If the going gets tough, come here to rant.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Keep posting here, Iriss,

We're all here to help.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I tend to lean more towards being a disease. But as others have said, it really doesn't matter. The fact is, quitting is very very difficult. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done. But as I heard here many times. I finally wanted to stop more than I wanted to drink. I wen't to AA, and I don't think I would have made it without it. But there were many many times I almost gave in. But the simple thing that made me succeed instead of failing is. I DIDN"T GIVE IN. The longer you go without giving in, the easier it gets. And there is nothing like the feeling at the end of the day when you look back and say. You know what? I wen't all day today without even thinking about a drink. 500 days ago I would have said, that just wouldn't be possible for me. But believe me. I have been sober almost a year and a half, and there have been a lot of days I look back and wen't all day without thinking of a drink. So before you pick up that first drink, think about what you are throwing away. It might be your whole life.
Fred