Thread: This morning
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
posiesperson

Kittyboo,

I'm sorry. I know this hurts.

What his text reminds me of is how my exs have used that kind of manipulation with me, and the kids' father (not an alcoholic, simply a manipulative and immature person) will make an alleged decision and "jab" me with it, to see the reaction and then gauge his own reaction before thinking about actually owning the decision for himself. Very slippery stuff, that is, and I can get caught up in it if I'm not careful.

You let him go for very solid reasons. You have journeyed through intense pain by knowing him, by loving him. You've let him go...all for very, very good reasons.

If this was your friend, telling you that s/he had made a decision to do this, what would you say? Would you try to talk that person out of it, or respect their decision as their own? And he is not your partner, and he is not your friend. He is a story in your past that you have written the final paragraph on. Now he starts his own new chapter, wherever he wants that to be, and you start your very own chapter. (Oh! The Places You'll Go!--Love that Dr. Seuss book. I highly recommend you get a copy.)

Remember, you've let him go for very, very good reasons--the only one you can save is yourself.

Hugs, hugs, hugs,
posie