View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ExCordis

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
Wow your head is on WAY straighter than mine was at 19! Whoohooo for you!!

You're very honest and perceptive when you say it's fear holding you back. Kudos to you. It took me a long time to realize that. I kept thinking that I *had* to stay, that it was my *duty* to stay with my XAH, etc etc. Eventually, I realized that it was just my fear of being alone, with a little baby, and with an X who would harassh me to no end. Heck, he's STILL harassing me today!

FTR there's no age for AA or Al-Anon meetings. You just happen to have the presence of mind to go now, and learn the tools BEFORE you get in too deep, whether it be with this guy or with another person. I wish someone had taught me this when I was 19.
Heh,I just recently realized that it was fear that is holding me back.Sometimes I do still think that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO stay with this person to help,but a person can only do so much,and I already have a broken spirit so,there's pretty much nothing left he can do. There's also those hopes and dreams that I came up with for us that made me want to stay.I use to be blinded by all those,but I know now what I'm getting myself into,it's just a matter of fact of me to take action for myself. It's kind of personal,but I've already poured half of my heart into this forum,another reason is why I'm staying is because he is my first.