View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Wilde10

Bubblehead,
Glad to see you back. Fantastic work on your week of sobriety!!!
I do not have a view on the non-alcoholic beverages. I believe a trait of the alcoholic behaviour is excess and I am trying by all means to take a more 'moderate' approach to my life in general: work, exercise, how much healthy or unhealthy food I eat, etc. I used to drink 2 litres of diet cola. I quitted... that gave more withdrawals than alcohol. From drinking it all day long now I was looking at it as if it was rat poisson. But my guess is that one every now and then cannot be that bad. I drank 3 or 4 non-alcoholic beers when I was pregnant. Many of them are 0.0 so even is there is 0.03 alcohol in them it would not be my way of restart the drinking (unless of course you were drinking 20 every night instead of a single one)

Your husband seems to be very little support for you at the moment. I do not know whether he has or not a drinking problem. Imagine you had been playing with him chess every night for the last 10 years. And one day you clome home and say... 'you know what, darling.. I am bored with Chess'. Obviously alcohol is much worse to quit than chess, but for sure you can understand that he would be a bit confused and angry about his partner for the game leaving him alone.

It is so easy to use your partner to give up all the good work and start drinking again. I have found myself several times thinking I should have a glass of wine with my husband for the sake of our relationship!!! Or even worse... I make the argument of complete altruistic behaviour and I convince myself of drinking for HIS sake!!!

Thank you for coming back and posting. It helps me a lot to see what is happening on your side.