View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

I know you want to get rid of his stuff--but why are you always paying? You also said something about paying his mom?? I guess I am confused why you are getting saddled with all the paying and he is doing nothing.

When stbxah would not get his stuff out of my house (because I was dumb enough to believe him when he said he would--so I put some of his stuff in my POD)-- I called my atty. and let him (first atty.) know I wanted stbxah to make arrangements for his stuff to be removed from my house and if he did not make arrangement within a 30 day period, that at the end of that 30 day period the stuff became mine to do whatever I wanted to. This was because, like with everything with him, he likes to drag his feet. Last weekend I had a garage sale. I sent him an email that said I still have A, B, C--if you want it come and get it. If not it goes in the garage sale and the proceeds go to me. He asked me if I would sell it for him. The answer was no. I'm not your broker. Amazing. He came the next day and got it. But he does not live halfway across the country.

So, speaking of PODs. They store those things ANYWHERE. I would not pay for it--but I don't have a lot of spare cash and also stbxah was living the life of Riley for 2 years while I worked 2 jobs. It's time for him to be a grown up and that means taking responsibility for things associated with him that require payment. There are lots of self storage options.

I understand the psychological thing about having their stuff in your house. Hopefully you can get rid of it soon.