View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bubblehead

Originally Posted by Wilde10 View Post
Bubblehead...
Missing you around. would be nice to know how you are getting on. My husband has been 'silent' which is normally his way of dealing with many things when they trouble him. He has not drank for a few weeks and our childless week has had some good fun... cinema, theatre, going out for dinner (in 3 days is not bad, eh?). I feel more confident about surviving the rest now.

Yesterday he ordered a glass of wine with his dinner... I could observe how he drank it... slowly, enjoying it. 90 min. it took him to finish it!!!! He drinks much faster with me - Wondering whether I was dragging him with me into this.

I feel I do not need to explain more though and that feels really, really good. Have you had more conversations with your husband?
We had some guests from out of town and I was afraid they'd see me on here, so I haven't been on. I am OK, I guess. I was really proud of myself. The guests were all drinking and I managed to say "no thank you" when they offered me some. It is really, really hard for me to be around others who are drinking and not have one. 3 days into it I cracked and bought some nonalcoholic beer. I know some people think you shouldn't even do non-al but I had a friend who drank waaay more than I ever did and the non-al helped her quit. I made it the whole week without drinking. I was soo proud of myself. Then this morning my fiance lashed out at me. He said he is tired of everything being all about me and complained because he cannot even have a beer. It really hurt For all he has judged and guilted me, now he is mad because he cannot drink. I feel like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.
It sounds like you are doing well, that's great