View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

DMC stbxah was served almost a year ago. He and his atty. have dragged their feet EVERY step of the way. I too just want it to be over. We could not even set a mediation date until he coughed up his $75--which he did not do for over 2 months after the judge ordered us into mediation.

Now he paid and they sent a list of names and of course they will not compromise. It was classic. My atty. sent an email saying which attorneys would be a conflict (I used to work in the criminal justice system as an investigator and worked with many attorneys). Then she forwarded 2 attorneys names. stbxah's husband did--just guess. . .he sent back an email with all the attorneys we did not pick. A**. It is just another stall tactic.

Why are you paying his student loans? That is not passive-aggressive to stop paying them. That is saying, here--these are yours to pay. Not mine.

We took a huge bath on the house--but at least it sold and we did not come out of it backward.

When in mediation I will do my best to just get it over with without giving away everything. I just want it to be over too. I just emailed my atty. and asked her what we could do to light a fire under them. He also owes back child support so perhaps a contempt hearing will be on the horizon. Every step I take to push forward costs me a fortune in legal fees.

I feel ill now knowing we are just selecting the mediator and to think this could go on for more than a couple more months makes me see red.

Do you have any status conference dates coming up after mediation? If so perhaps your attorney could set this as the tentative final hearing date.

Big hugs DMC--once you finally decide to move on it takes forever to do so. But hopefully once it is over you can put it all behind you and move forward.

. . .and really, stop paying his student loans!