View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DMC

Divorce draggggging out...

Hi all,

Just briefly need to vent. Overall, I shouldn't complain. But I'm annoyed.

I filed for divorce March 1st. It took them 3 weeks to get him served (he's out of state now) and he waited until the last day to get a lawyer and respond.

Long story short, we just got rescheduled for mediation for OCTOBER! And it's the end of October, too. Not early, not middle, end.

Am I wrong in thinking that it should me moving along a little quicker? Or is that normal people? (I've never done this before.) My lawyer and I agree that since he is still in such denial, mediation would probably better than going to court... it's just taking forever. We were initially scheduled for Aug 23rd, but there was a problem with the mediator, and his lawyer took forever to get back to her.

I just want to get on with the rest of my life. I mean, I am, but this bit is sort of a problem. And I'd really wanted it dealt with ages ago. I'm NC with him for my own sanity, but I have half a mind to email him with an offer and feel him out. Probably not the best move, but I do hold a lot of cards. I relisted the "extra house" today... again... with another price drop. That's also grating on my nerves. I'm not willing to destroy my credit to get rid of it, but it's a strain.

In a somewhat passive-aggressive move, I have decided I am not going to pay on his student loans anymore. They somewhat predate the marriage anyway, and I paid extra so they're paid ahead for quite some time. I'll let him know that since I'm helping support him (I write his mom a check every month), he can pay them now. Makes me feel a little better. I just wish I could get this stupid house sold, (And I'm losing a ton on it, but want it gone), and get this stupid divorce over so I can get my old name back legally and de-hyphenate. I've used my maiden name professionally the whole time, so it's not that big a deal, but mentally... it's a big deal.

Sorry, just needed to vent.
D