Old 08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
DUNE

I know just how you feel about being seen at a meeting. That was a big hangup for me at first and I eventualy went to a meeting that wasn't in my area. I've been to a number of different meetings in the past 6 months and I found that both meetings and this site have a lot to offer.

At this site I got a lot more information and found that some of the info I got at meetings was either too vauge or not informitive. If you have any type of questions or just need to vent, this is a great site for both . You will find a lot of great people here with lots of exspirience. And you will also find a lot of people here just like yourself. I myself have relapsed several times in the past 6 months and am only 29 days sober, the longest being 37 days. At first I felt like I wasn't going to beable to do this, but now I look at it as part of the process for myself. One important thing I wan't to say about relapses..."YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!!! It has been the absolute worse part of my recovery. But I guess that is what it took for me to hit my rock bottom.

Keep posting, ask all the questions you want (even if it seems like a stupid or insignificant question), or just update us on how your doing, even if it means your drinking again.

Dune