Old 08-02-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Lost -

I don't know what you do but I'm a financial planner / broker / investment advisor. I've met co-workers in AA, clients in AA, a couple priests (one of whom is my church's pastor), attorneys, a county prosecutor, local business owners, you name it. Not one of them wasn't greeted with a smile by me or they greeted me with a smile if they were there before me. It's not like ppl go to AA to see who the drunks are. If they're there, they are there for the same reason you're there.

In reality, my relationship with clients I've met in AA has made our "working" relationship MORE sound. They know I'm doing my best to stay on the spiritual plane just like they are. They know from my actions that I'm FAR LESS likely to treat them poorly or screw them over than 99.999% of the ppl out in the world NOT trying to work a spiritual recovery program.

Even the guy who's the prosecutor - he prosecuted a lot of the ppl for DWI's that show up in his home group - will tell you that being in AA has HELPED his career FAR more than hurt it.