Thread: I am so PO'd
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Expectations keep smacking me upside the head... I expected him to fall back into the bottle and make it easier for the courts to see all the cr-p DS and I put up with these past 5+ years. I expected him to let me go and focus his manipulative abuse on his GF instead of me, maybe not right now and maybe not within the next few months, but at least somewhere down the road. (Which is a horrible thing to want I know, but I don't want to be the focus of his abuse any more.) They were supremely naive and selfish expectations.

I *know* I should be happy because the most important person in all of this benefits: our son. DS will have a safe environment for his visits with his father. STBXAH's sister and her husband will be around at least part of the time and will be able to intervene if the abuse cycle starts up with DS as the focus.

I also know that STBXAH can still seek help and stop his abusive behavior. I just do not feel confident that he will.

I have been trying to breathe. I went to the air show with DS and managed to forget for a while. I'll try to start a gratitudes list.

Thanks, all.