Thread: I am so PO'd
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I am so PO'd

DS called his father today from the next room and kept the phone on speaker. Yes, I listened, because STBXAH has a major history of lying to our son about, well, everything, and it became a habit to be nearby to be able to do damage control after the call ended.

It seems that STBXAH is moving in with his sister this weekend, which is something he has been absolutely refusing to do for months. Now that I've filed for divorce 1. he's moving somewhere that is actually safe for our son. and 2. he actually answered the phone when our son called him, which he never did before. It was always our son leaving messages, calling back, leaving messages and then maybe STBX would call back later that night or the next day.

I know I shouldn't be mad, because our son was so happy when his dad actually answered the phone.

I don't know if I should be happy that his sister finally convinced STXAH that the place he was living was not a good environment for our son or if I have any right to be completely po'd that she's coaching him on how to show the courts that he can be a fit father. But I am po'd. And I now realize where he got the money for a lawyer - unless he got a loan, which is doubtful based on his credit history...

I am trying to focus on the good news. STBXAH is moving somewhere that is safe for our son. If STBXAH is still working nights on Saturdays (the court approved overnight for our son's visits with his father), at least he'll be at family's house rather than at the house of some girl who hangs out with the same alcoholic/drug using crowd as STBXAH.

I am trying to get off the seesaw of letting STBXAH's actions dictate how I feel, but I am having such a hard time right now. Thanks for letting me vent.