Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by posiesperson View Post
My DD recently reminded me that the builder of the Titanic said, "Not even GOD can sink this ship!" Hm.

We manifest all kinds of miracles every day, that is my spiritual belief. We can define "manifestation" all kinds of ways--God, Goddess, Mother Earth, Moses, scientific exploration, spirit of the tree--whatever our tradition, or what makes the most sense to us, personally.

I try to get up every morning with some sort of wonderment about what adventures I will have that day. Every day, after all, is an incredible opportunity.

That's not to say I don't have my struggles with this, which happens most often when I'm in the throes of wanting to CONTROL. When I start to feel upset inside, no doubt it's a result of my wanting to control. Alanon has been an incredible tool to get to that understanding for myself.

Wishing you peace, and I hope you find a meeting that works well for you. Remember, you can insert anything you want into that space that some call "God"--it's whatever works for you so that you can remind yourself that you're not responsible for making the sun come up every morning, or keeping the earth revolving around the sun, or making sure that no asteroids hit the earth...or making sure the A in your life doesn't drink. The HP of your understanding is your de-pressurization valve. You are enough, and important enough, to make yourself the priority in every decision and action you make.

Hugs,
posie
I didn't know about the Titanic, pretty arrogant. Years ago the owner of a bar I managed was arguing on the phone with his girlfriend. I walked into his office in time to here him say, "Don't f**k with me, God doesn't even f**k with me". Sent chills up my spine, and I didn't even believe back then.

But posie, I just wanted to comment that we are on similar spiritual paths.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote